little girl, Big World

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Wow. been quite lazy about blogging these few days. and so much has happened! I've finished all my mid terms for one, and I'm preparing to go to Quebec City on my reading week break, to ski! and hopefully, maybe snowboard too.

Well, haven't really been myself these few days, been very involved in many little social events over at my residence. I learnt how to play poker in like less than 5 mins and won 3rd place in the poker tournament (I think it ws cos of ppl who were sick of playing and deciding to go 'all in' just to get out of the tournament. I just so happened to be one of those ppl who were free enough to stay. hahahahaha) I learnt to play drinking crazy eights too, and i can't remember much of what really happened :S

Over the last week, I also went tobogganing again, and karaoke again, and I jammed with Walter and Pierre. It was good good fun and we composed two short choruses. hahah. i can't imgaine how many more we can come up with when we start on our road trip.

and now, it's Valentine's Day and me and Daffy have decided to spread a bit of love around this place and we bought this nice fudge chocolates and hershey's kisses to give to the ppl we knew. YUM. And wwe can spread a bit of fat around at the same time. haha.

And i'm going to end of with this quote from the Bible about love. I think alot of ppl have seen it before, but i urge you to sit down and truly consider what it's trying to say. to date, I haven't yet found any description that matches this.

"if i speak in tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If i have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if i have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am NOTHING.
If I give ALL I POSSESS TO THE POOR and SURRENDER MY BODY TO THE FLAMES, but have not love, I GAIN NOTHING." 1 Cor 13:1b-3

So what is love?

"Love is patient, love is kind.

It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.

It is not rude, and it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil but rejoices in truth.

It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails." 1 Cor 13:4-8a

I shudder to think of what i truly mean to say when I say I LOVE someone. I know no one's perfect, but it doesn't stop me from trying to give this love to someone else. Because I think everyone deserves to be loved like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home