little girl, Big World

Friday, January 26, 2007

As she told me how it came to pass, it really struck me how much God uses time to show how silly the societal rule of 'I want this, right now' can be.

I'm really happy for you, babe. Truly, really. Not just him, but you as well, have shown me how to yield my life, my desire, my wishes to God, because nothing else and no one else can be yielded to to produce the same results.

And on top of it all, I see his and your love of God shine through, reflected in the love that you two show each other.

It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
1 Cor 13:7

The joy of intimacy is the reward of commitment.
I Kissed Dating Goodbye, Joshua Harris

Peace. I yearn for peace. It's funny how at hindsight, we see what we learn from moments in history, from our ordeals. Yet, at the present moment, it is hard, even impossible, to reconcile the pain and frustration with the future rewards. And maybe, knowing the future rewards doesn't bring you to the same destination as when you did not know and was just immersed in the moment.

Ah. My thoughts are haphazard.

Better get back to my readings. Much to complete.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home