little girl, Big World

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

More than ever, I'm missing my time at SEP. I guess expectations have a lot to do with that.

Those times spent at the servery doing MJ, settlers online, Cranium, Scattergory, XMen with Walter, Marvin, Tony, Colin, Special J, Ratman, Greg, Chris, Anita, Pierre, Daffy (in no particular order) were just unbeatable. Really, it's not the quantity but quality of time spent together that counts. I can't explain it. Everything appears more fun just cause you guys were part of it.

Man, getting all nostalgic. Must be the dreary weather here. Or the fact that it's been almost one year since I set foot on the land where these amazing people are part of.

There are some friends that I've grown to expect much of, and many more that have caused much disappointment and hurt because of my idealistic beliefs. And some would have thought that I've learnt my lesson. But I know being superficial is not me.

The Holiday is a feel good movie. Certain parts of it really resound within me. Can't find many quotes from the movie but i really like the context from which this quote that I could find came out of.

"Iris: It seems I had it all wrong. It turns out you'll go somewhere new and meet people who make you feel worthwhile again."

Talk about random. My thoughts are haphazard.

And to the persons I know wouldn't read this: I really thought better of you, really envisioned something different. It hurts for the moment but I know I'll survive. And I promise that this won't make me bitter or trust others less.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home