little girl, Big World

Friday, July 07, 2006

Unriven.

I picked up a random book to read today. And it was actually a poetry book that my friend published back in 2003 by himself. reading through his poems and his experiences made me realize how much I didn't know was hidden behind that exterior of his. He always seemed so typical, so normal, so different from what i understood from the poems in his book. His poems expressed a side of him that I wouldn't have seen otherwise.

cry your tears. bid farewell to your memories.
i'll drown no longer in self-pity's endless seas.
someday, surely, the dew on the finest rose will disappear.
and that day, there will no longer remain a tear.
for me to shed on what's happened in the past.
the scents. the smile. those silvery eyes will never last.
they'll die away someday, like me and you.
plus visage est serieux, plus le sourire est beau.
--> 'Naivete' Rahul Keerthi

There's so much more to anyone than meets my eye. I meet so many people everyday, but do i truly know what's underneath? Do I even know what my own facade conceals?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home