little girl, Big World

Sunday, July 09, 2006

I love you with all of my head.

I didn't realize how much of myself I had been keeping out of my consciousness. I went for a little weekend away (more like one night and a day away) away from my family, away from my work, away from my other friends, but with a few of my church friends. Friends that really have stuck with me regardless of what i've done, what i've said, what I am.

I had a good swim this morning, just myself, just before dawn broke. I did 14 laps and it really made me feel really good. I didn't think about anything, just how good it was to be in the water, with the whole pool to myself. In certain aspects, i think I'm quite a loner at times. I think i wouldn't have enjoyed the swim as much if there was anyone else with me (no offense to my friends out there, but really, to have some time to myself is really a privilege)



"Don't understand so that you may believe. Believe, so that you may understand."

I think we have become a society that seeks to find certain sensations, certain awe, certain feelings that bring pleasure to us. And sometimes, we are too short-sighted to realize that we have been chasing after things that give that only in the short term. We need to seek the source. What/who is the source of peace? the source of comfort? the source of joy? the source of suffering? the source of pain? I think that in different ways, we all seek for these answers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home