little girl, Big World

Sunday, May 27, 2007

A matter of Convenience

My sister once pondered over the concept of friends being people who just mutually take advantage of each other. I didn't like the sound of that but thinking about it, I've come to conclude that I probably am a friend of convenience. Maybe that's why I rarely have friends whom I can recognize as having followed me through a long period of time.

I think people see me as a friend for the moment. Or maybe I make myself to be that way. I have friends who come up to me to 'fill in' their time. Or when they need financial help. Or when they cannot find anyone else to meet. Or to fill up the numbers. It hurts, but I think I've more or less gotten used to it.

It's telling in one's actions to see whom they feel closer to by observing who they gravitate towards. When there's a dissonance between words and action, I go for the action first. Action speaks louder than words. It's not what they say, but what they don't say. So please don't humour me. It only serves to bring more pain. Don't say thank you just cos I'm filling in the space. I don't think that's right.

4 Comments:

  • At 3:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    to me, you are not a friend who i only look for when i have problems, or am bored. you are my best friend, my closest sister whom i depend on, whom i share my happiness and sadness with, whom i cannot live without. love ya.

     
  • At 3:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I was here...

     
  • At 10:08 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    hey KL, i believe the word youre using is acquaintance. Fds are those who are there in the time of need.

    I am also here to listen to you :) fds that stick together will always last ;)

    msg me, my friend, I'm still here

    Be strong

     
  • At 5:40 PM , Blogger Kailin said...

    Thanks J! I'll be emailing you soon :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home