little girl, Big World

Wednesday, January 11, 2006


This is how UWaterloo looks like on a day when snow has melted and when it's sunny. Love it. Posted by Picasa

Just walking to and through the campus from my hostel is an experience. I mean, besides the fact that I'm cold and usually walking quite fast to warm myself up, I do quite a bit of soul-searching and thinking while walking.

Like just last night, after completing my Religion and Popular Culture course (Which ended around 845pm at night), I made my way back alone and thought about where I am now (not just physically, but mentally and spiritually) and I think that really shook me up to really consider a few things that I've thrown to the back of my mind, whether consciously or subconsciously, for the whole of last semester.

It was a hectic semester, new faces, new friends, and new responsibilities. And I started to question a few 'what-ifs' that could have happened back then. And compared it to my now. And I think I wouldn't have changed anything. I mean, it's not to say that I couldn't improve further, but all the lessons learnt then have shaped a bit of what I am now.

So here I am, with a new semester, at a new place, new faces, new friends, new responsibilities, and I know I want to make the best of my time here!! And I know I want to have made a difference to the people I meet and will be meeting.

On a less serious note, here's a few pictures on FOOD. My favourite topic. Too bad they don't have Tau Suan here. Or else, it would have been almost paradise. Hah.

BEFORE AND AFTER (Beef Pho)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home