little girl, Big World

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

MUSIC 100: Understanding Music

I don't know whether it's psychological or anything, but classes here just seem more enjoyable and more interesting. Had my lesson for MUSIC 100 at this special college for music stuff (Conrad Grebel College) just now and I never felt more 'moved'. Just my little way for saying I felt emotionally enaged during the class and really feel like I've learnt something from someone who knows more than me.

People here seem to have no problem interacting with the lecturer and with the entire class. We were told to do quite stupid things, like pick up a pen and start conducting, and everyone just does it. I wanted to take a picture of it, but alas, I was too busy having fun conducting quadruple time that I didn't. heh.

And walking away from the class, I felt like I've really experienced music, know a bit more about Haydn and Tchaikovsky. And also found out the Kitchener has a concert hall that has the best acoustic in the world. I'm so going there man. But have to find out how to get there first. haha

Oh yah. And I'm amazed that there seems to be no apparent restrictions in who can take what classes. I mean, there's actually a computer Science guy in my Psychology Counselling class. How come NUS doesn't have that?? I guess even if they did, I wouldn't take some computing class. haha.

Well, just a random rant about how much I don't really miss the education over in Singapore. But I still do miss home!! and Tao suan. haha. ok ok. I know. i'm harping too much on tao suan. I can't help it man. I have craving!!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm sure I won't miss the education in Singapore either. It's not much of an education anyway. Haha.

    Aiya, tau suan want to eat learn to cook la. Ask mum to teach you or go online and find la.

    Anyway, glad to see that you are having much fun. Hope you continue to enjoy yourself!

    Your psychological patient

     
  • At 11:09 AM , Blogger Kitana said...

    hey girl! izzy here. have been reading your blog to keep updated. wahaha. anyway sounds like your having fun! tt's what exchange is all abt. heh heh heh. do you have a supermarket or a chinatown in waterloo? you can just buy the tau suan beans. as long as you have tt, corn starch and sugar, it's not difficult to make tau suan. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home