little girl, Big World

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Retrospect

The everyday workings of life has me spending more time looking at the present, than looking back or forward.

Reading back on some of my posts, I can't believe that I was able to write like that! Nowadays, I write like a tape recorder (because that's exactly what I'm supposed to do). How .. ... BORING. Keep it simple, concise = write like a robot. But I must admit, it is a skill. So many people write in such a convulated manner it's difficult to even decipher what the main point is! And when speed is of the essence, it's most frustrating having to read stuff like that.

But don't get me wrong, I like my job. But I'm also pulled in many different directions on where to go next. Do I continue to plod on? Isn't this just a small step in the larger picture? Or is this small step one that would change the entire picture? Or is it both?

Sometimes, it's easier not to think too much about things. Thinking stalls action.

But I tend to disagree with that more than I agree, because thinking allows for more self-understanding, more purpose, more direction. And more self-discovery. A robot could just do without thinking.

I'm glad I took the half day off. More time to think. More time to organize.

Scones with butter and jam are excellent complements to a lazy wednesday.

Life's like an hourglass glued to the table
No one can find the rewind button...
Anna Nalick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home