little girl, Big World

Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's like my feet knows exactly where to take me, even my head cannot conjure the images that I lost 3 years ago.

I wouldn't call it a pilgramage although it does feel like there needed to be some closure, or some consolation from this journey. It's like so much has changed and so much hasn't. I find comfort in the things that stayed the same, and I found beauty in the things that didn't. Random images come to my mind and I come to realize that maybe my memory isn't as good as I thought it to be. Or maybe I just wasn't trying hard enough.

"City lights shine down upon the place that I call home
Surrounded by a million but I feel like I'm alone
And I might be a nobody to you
But if I'm playing, would you listen?"

The stinging cold winds on my face, the 'wrong' side of traffic, the mere insignificance of my existence around those I pass by, was this what's left behind?

But I am content.

It struck me how Law cannot save.
No one does everything right.
No one.

How can you call yourself merciful and loving if you tie strings to the forgiveness given?

No.

Someone asked me, how can you love your children equally if one child is always doing wrong things and breaking your heart?

Then what is the point of love? Is it to be earned? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of it all? Because no one can earn enough.

The point of Love is exactly that we will not be able to earn it, and yet we are still shown love.

I'm glad I came. It's good therapy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home