little girl, Big World

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Counting Down Once Again...

It's the last of week of school and exams are coming up. I have crazy deadlines to meet, (read: two tests and a 15 page paper due on Thurs and three papers due on Wed.) And I think all these combined are getting to me.

Well, as some of you know, i think that might have been one of the reasons why i almost passed out. of course, it might have been also due to the fact that i was standing during an hour long concert (which shouldn't have affected me since i'm so used to standing) or it might have been due to to the fact that it was crowded (but it's also not very plausible since i seem to be the only one having breathing difficulty when there were like two other old men standing next to me who seemed fine). Bottom line is: I THINK I NEED REST. I started seeing black spots in my vision and my head felt very light and the last time that i ever felt close to that was when i was trying to learn how to play the flute.

On a happier note, I learnt swing dancing!!!! At this swing workshop last Sat and went again on Mon to Vault Lounge and bringing at least 10% of the ppl from WCRI with me. Hahahaha. If only i could bring so many ppl to church. I'll work on that!

The interesting thing in Waterloo is that there are more leads than followers, so basically, girls are of high demand. (wahahahahah. I feel so special) So there I was, getting a few requests to dance and really having a ball of a time being flung around and spinning like crazy. But i enjoyed the best the part where I was sitting down and taking a breather and watching others rule the dance floor. And the part where i was dancing with my favourite dance partner. haha. You know who you are. ;)

Nostalgia is starting to creep up onto me and I'm so tempted to come back to Canada again sometime in the near future, but i'm sure that the atmosphere will be different when i return. There'll be no more wild crazy all nighters playing bridge or MJ, no more fun partying, no more road trips, no more philosophical debates on the essence of love, no more gossip sessions, no more having simple communal lunches where we just simply bask in each other's presence.

And this song just keeps playing on my mind:
all my bags are packed, i'm ready to go
i'm standing here outside your door
i hate to wake you up to say good bye
but the dawn is breaking, its early morn
the taxi is waiting, he's blowing his horn
already i'm so lonesome i could die

So kiss me and smile for me
tell me that you'll wait for me
hold me like you'll never let me go
'cause i'm leaving on a jet plane
I don't know when i'll be back again
oh babe, i hate to go

there's so many times I've let you down
so many times I've played around but
i tell you now they don't mean a thing
every place i go i think of you
every song i sing i sing for you
when i come backi'll wear your wedding ring

and now the time has come to leave you
one more time oh let me kiss yout
hen close your eyes and i'll be on my way
dream about the days to come when i won't have to leave alone
about the times when i won't have to say...

1 Comments:

  • At 6:38 PM , Blogger Faith Tan SY said...

    I know this song.
    We used to hear that often and sing it too.
    Nostalgia.. Fond memories of the dilapidated campus with "dirty blacked tracks, run-down toilets with faulty mechanisms, decoulrise walls with peeling flaky paint and grubbly mouldy benches.."

    Take care Babe.
    Can't wait to see you back in Singapore.
    I know.. you can't bear to leave Canada.. Hee..
    Enjoy your time there to the fullest dear..

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home