little girl, Big World

Sunday, October 24, 2010

A reciprocated statment would have been nice. But I guess obligatory statements would have been meaningless anyway.


Observed a little boy plastering his face against the train window, staring in awe at the speed at which things were passing by the train. I looked around and saw everyone else absorbed in their mobile phones, papers, or just in their own daydreams and I wonder what happened to that 'little child' inside of us. What happened to our fascination of nature or the things around us?

Nature is primarily beautiful. It is not primarily functional.

Let that sink in a bit.


There is a school of thought in psychology which believes that the behavior of an individual is largely dependent on the development of the individual in his childhood. One activity that might shed some light on some of the defining moments that affect you is to think back on the earliest memory you had as a child.

I remember the fear that paralyzed me on my first day in school, when I had to buy something during recess. I felt as if everyone was staring at me, laughing at my inability to step forward or imagained them laughing at me if I couldn't pay for my food.

I think that there is a need for acceptance in everyone. And sometimes, this is masked by setting yourself up so that you don't place yourself in such a position to need to be accepted. It's like building a fortress around your heart to prevent it falling. So forgive her, because she can only cope that way.

'Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city.' Proverbs 16:32

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home