little girl, Big World

Monday, September 20, 2010

It's like slowly seeing pieces of myself disappearing.

One by one, part by part. So inconspicuously. But yet when you finally see yourself in a mirror, a large part of you is gone.

And maybe because the parts that leave are small, so the person who takes them don't notice them too. Until he realizes that every small part he takes away adds on to the larger part that eventually wrenches the life out of her.

It's more blessed to give than to receive.

I haven't come to the higher level of appreciation of this.

Why am I such a dusty window, for Your light to shine through?
Why am just a tiny star, in a sky already blue?
Why do I offer everything, with my heart closed like a fist?
I wanna love You better than this...

Why do I live my life in chains, when You have set me free?
Why do I have to break Your heart before I fall to my knees?
I know it's time to change, give all I have to give
I wanna love You better than this..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home