little girl, Big World

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Time of reacquainting, of times past and times lost.

My friend made a comment tonight which I took for more than what he meant.

"There's too much of less in this world"

It struck me nonetheless, in both sense of the phrase.

I think I tend to read too much into things. And that puts me in a position where I'm always second guessing one's actions.

The sum of the parts is sometimes greater than the whole. The whole is sometimes greater than the sum of parts. Is there a difference?

When familiarity is reduced to alienation, I can't help but think I've read too much.

Often, we look at what the person does but not what the person is.

Such is life. Where one circle ends, another begins. We find ourselves sometimes back where we started, or where we thought we started. And we hope that we can grow.

Old habits die hard. Some choices we make are irrversible. They say that we can't change the past, but we can try to change the future. But the past has shaped us thus far. And sometimes, it's out of our control what we want or can do. Or is it?

The night draws to a close, but the thoughts in my mind linger on....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home