little girl, Big World

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Of beach movies, salsa and dinner.

I had the privilege of catching The Fast The Furious: Tokyo Drift at Sentosa Beach and once again, i never believed that Singapore was so beautiful at sunset until then. Thanks to Zee Ping, he received VIP invites to this beach movie event and there were the sports cars featured in the show on showcase there too! Man... I think they should have had those Japanese car babes around too. Might have made the event even more popular. haha

The show was nice, it was an interesting feeling just watching a movie on a beach mat, with shoes off and with sand around. And a picnic basket with fruits, bruschetta and salad to boot! The movie wasn't anything special, with a very predictable ending, but the action scenes were just brilliant. Man! After that movie, I kept seeing cars 'drifting' in my imagination. Like cars locking their brakes and then negotiating a sharp bend with absoluate precision. It's cool man. I think i have a thing for fast cars (as long as I'm not in them. haha)

And then right after, Zee Ping was nice enough to drive me over to a salsa club that my friend introduced to me ( i would have so much preferred a swing club but apparently, there's none in SIngapore!! DANG. I'll set up one in the future. like Vault Lounge. NIIICCEE) and I met up with my sister who was already with three other guy friends there. It was quite a chill place, but the salsa dancers are just too good for my comfort. I felt so out of place, not to mention my sister and our friends since they knew zilch about salsa. it was hilarious though, just seeing people who didn't look at all like they knew salsa dancing like pros. I saw this guy (who looked a bit like a mouse, quite puny and badly dressed, and even spouting Hokkien like some Ah Beng :S) rule the dance floor with his partner, who was hot stuff. This visit really motivated me to get started on salsa, and even more so, to master my lindy hop and really consider opening a swing place!

Today, I met up with Natasha for dinner and we had a good chat. She's like my little sister (who always makes fun of me and plays funny games that really keep me entertained) and it felt good meeting up with her after 5 mths. In so many ways we remain unchanged, yet the dynamics of conversation were different then they were in the past. Not that it's a bad thing. We're all growing, and learning.

I'm pooped. My week has been absolutely crazy hectic and I've got huge loads of stuff to settle. It has come to my realization that I spend ALOT of time in church. I was always puzzled over at Waterloo why I had so much free time and I think I found the reason. I'm not complaining or anything but it has never sunk in that I spend (at times) 4 out of 7 nights or days doing church stuff.

My friend was once discussing with a guy friend who also knew me quite well why I was still single. His candid reply was 'she loves God too much' Wonder if those two conditions are mutually exclusive. heh.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:14 AM , Blogger Faith Tan SY said...

    "My friend was once discussing with a guy friend who also knew me quite well why I was still single. His candid reply was 'she loves God too much' Wonder if those two conditions are mutually exclusive. heh."

    haha.. My dearie. I don't think that they are mutually exclusive. I am sure you'll find your Mr. Right who would be serving God together with you. Both of you would love God just as much or even more than you love each other. The Key is to grow deeper in love with God as both of you grow deeper in love with each other.

    He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" Luke 10:27

    Your God is your Lord. Your Mr. Right is your neighbour. =)


    Faith. =)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home