little girl, Big World

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Home!

It's funny how I counted down to leaving for Canada but never really got round to counting down to leaving from Canada...

I arrived home at 1240am today and only got round to sleeping at around 4am. haha. and being jet lagged, i happily woke up at 6am to wish my bro the best for his test today.

It's strange really. It seems as if I've never gone and things are still the same here, yet things also seem like they are foreign now. But not the love and joy I've received from my family and friends after I got back, so I guess I'm not complaining.

I'm back in Singapore quite significantly different from when i left I guess. Time away from people that I depended on and were familiar with have taught me much. Time spent meeting new people and learning from them also have shaped me. I return not just more tanned, but also more aware of myself and possibly even knowing more about Love.

Anyway, I was determined to get over my jet lag asap and also determined to put my mind off things so i went to catch The Da Vinci Code ALONE. Yes. i watch movies alone. And i actually enjoy movies better alone.. Sounds very lonely but it's good therapeutic time for myself. I almost walked out of the theatre though, the movie wasn't as good as i had expected it to be... I think the book is more captivating.

But the themes it addresses are most certainly appealing to the popular culture, and it takes alot of reading and effort to sift out what Brown portrays as the truth (although his book is a fiction book) I really wonder how many people out there are going to tell the difference. I liked the fulcrum by which the movie rests on: truth is what it means to you. It's a very interesting tension that most Christians struggle with I think. I think I need more time to formulate my thoughts on this matter... working on a jet-lagged mind isn't what i consider optimal..

PS (no. this does not mean princess sophie.. it is actually postscript, or more like a sidenote to K. Kong if you're reading this!): My bruise is still as big as ever and i think i've even acquired a few new ones... don't even know how. haha. Mom's not happy...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home