little girl, Big World

Friday, November 25, 2005

Disappointed

It's times like these I really feel like kicking myself, or knocking my head on the wall. These things aren't supposed to happen to me. Not me. And I keep asking God 'Why?? Why me? Why now? Have I done something wrong?' And you start evaluating what you have done to deserve this.

And the reality of the situation hits you, hard. How this event can potentially affect your future, your life. And you think, man, so many times I've told others that whatever the situation, whatever the cost, I will still trust the Lord. And now, you find it so difficult to just the thing you preached about. How it never hurts as much, until it happens to you.

I admit defeat, and i find myself broken and contrite once again, at Your feet. Now I have to learn to come to terms with myself, and the people around me. Disappointments don't occur in isolation, people around you are bound to be affected too. That's what they call, responsibility. I don't just disappoint myself, but other people too. That's why it hurts so much.

TRUST. I must trust. Trust that the Lord truly means it when He says He works for the good of those who love Him. I don't wanna turn away from Him, because, there's no one else for me to turn to. Please Lord, help me to trust.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:57 AM , Blogger Faith Tan SY said...

    Romans 8:28
    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
    ___________________________________

    When the Isralites left Egypt and the Egyptians were marching after them, the Isralites were terrfied and they cried out to the Lord. They also questioned Moses.

    Exodus 14:13
    Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still."

    Dear sister, rest peacefully assured that the Lord will deliver. He is a God of Deliverance. He will lead you out of Egypt just the same way he las led the Isralites. "Neither the pillar of cloud by day nor the pillar of fire by night left its place in front of the people." (Exodus 13:24)

    Be still and trust Him. Amen.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home