little girl, Big World

Monday, October 02, 2006

I think I've finally gotten it. Man. I must be the most retarded person around. Takes me so long to get things.

It's time for me to practise what I preach. To walk the talk. Because that's what counts. I can say a million things that make sense and a million other things that I hope helps others, but when it comes down to crunch time, I MUST DO IT.

Why complain about love turning selfish in others when that is exactly what is happening to me? Why point out the sawdust in my brother's eyes when I have a plank in mine?

Why talk about how good the definition of love is in the bible when I don't do it? Faith without works is dead.

Why tell others that patience is good and believe that even if I don't get what I want, it doesn't matter when I don't show it in my actions?

I will love even if it kills me. I will act out and do what He wants me to even if it kills me.

Am I ready to die for Christ today?? (heehee. Private joke with my sister)

Honestly I'm not sure, but I'm working towards being sure, at least.

And when I start, I no longer live for myself. It has never been about me.

I want to be a better person. Because the love I've seen and witnessed and experienced demands nothing less from me.

To all those who love me, I thank you for showing me how to live my life.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    We love and put faith in all things around us, be it events or people. And I feel using the word, "passion" frequently with "love" and "faith" magnifies our efforts. People will see the results but sometimes people don't see the sacrifices that made them possible. Of course, at the end of day, we smile and pat ourselves on the back.

    --> for love, faith and passion.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home